When we colour our hair, the basic structure of each hair changes. Major problems that people with colour-treated hair face include dryness, dullness and frizzy hair. Many people make some common mistakes that cause damage to chemically treated hair, some of them being – not using the right products and giving locks some proper care. For healthy hair at home, follow these tips to maintain the colour and shine:
– For colour-treated hair, it’s best to use sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner, to avoid hair damage.
– While washing, shampoo with lukewarm water and then rinse with cold water after conditioning. This will help to prevent colour fading.
– If you have serum, make sure you use it every time you wash your hair. It helps to nourish the hair post shampooing and also prevent the colour from fading.
– You can indulge in homemade hair treatments and give yourself a spa treatment at home to maintain soft, smooth and silky hair.
– Regular use of heating appliances can damage the locks, it’s best too avoid using them as much as possible. Heat can strip away the colour and the moisture, making the locks dry and brittle.
– Pick the right shampoo and conditioner. Invest in hair products made for coloured hair to make the colour last longer.
– While brushing and combing, be gentle on the locks to avoid breakage. Based on your hair type, choose the right products. Also, use spiral hair ties or fabric bands to avoid tugging and pulling while tying your hair.
With inputs by Agnes Chen, National Technical Head, Streax Professional.